Lina Baroudi has worked in the field of immigration law for more than fifteen years, and has extensive experience in a wide range of practice areas relating to the field. Before starting her own firm, Lina worked as the supervising paralegal, and then attorney, for a private immigration law firm. In addition to her private practice, she also previously worked as the staff attorney of a nonprofit organization, serving limited-income clients. Throughout her career, Lina has represented clients before the Department of Homeland Security (USCIS & ICE), the San Francisco Immigration Court, the Board of Immigration Appeals, the U.S. District Courts and the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit.
Lina has spoken as a panelist at the San Francisco Legal Aid Society – Employment Law Center’s Brown Bag lunch lecture: “A Hard Place: Refugees & Asylum Seekers in the U.S.,” and has presented for the Lawyers’ Committee for Civil Rights of San Francisco on “Understanding Cultural Barriers Faced by Arab Women Seeking Asylum.” She also serves as a pro bono Mentor Attorney for the Lawyers’ Committee for Civil Rights of San Francisco Asylum Program, guiding other attorneys in providing representation to individuals seeking asylum. In 2015, 2016, and 2017, Lina was selected to Super Lawyers’ California Rising Stars lists, which includes no more than 2.5 percent of the attorneys in the state.
As an immigrant herself, from Syria, Lina understands her clients’ needs for clarity in understanding the law; therefore, she provides quality representation throughout the San Francisco Bay Area and beyond, emphasizing patience, compassion and open communication.
- J.D., Golden Gate University School of Law, San Francisco, CA
- B.A. (Sociology), San Francisco State University, San Francisco, CA
- State Bar of California
- California Supreme Court
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of California
- U.S. District Court for the Central District of California
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of California
- American Immigration Lawyers Association
- National Immigration Project of the National Lawyers Guild
- National Lawyers Guild (SF Bay Area Chapter)
- Alameda County Bar Association
Work and Academic Highlights
- Selected to the California 2017 Rising Stars List by Super Lawyers
- Selected to the California 2016 Rising Stars List by Super Lawyers
- Selected to the California 2015 Rising Stars List by Super Lawyers
- Law Clerk, California Court of Appeal for the Sixth Appellate District
- Witkin Award for Academic Excellence in Immigration Law, Golden Gate University School of Law
- Witkin Award for Academic Excellence in Criminal Procedure II, Golden Gate University School of Law
- Dean’s List, Golden Gate University School of Law
- Dean’s List, San Francisco State University